Indian Education is the utilization of cultural understandings to the provide an enhanced and enriched method of approaching education by creating and providing connections to learn through culturally appropriate and responsive methodologies.
In simple terms, Indian Education aims to utilize the student's community and cultural experiences to create connections to their education.
Indian Education aims to:
• Ensure the maintenance of Native Languages.
• Provide opportunities that positively effect the educational success of Native American students.
• Ensure partnerships with tribes and local community stakeholders.
• Ensure that culturally based methodologies are developed implemented and utilized in conjunction with local tribes. Encourage and foster parental involvement.
• Develop and maintain cultural competencies to ensure all relevant Indian Education programs are sustained with EPSD.